POSITION: ACCOUNTANCY CHAIR
The University of Cape Coast (UCC) in collaboration with The Institute of Charted Accountants, Ghana (ICAG), is looking for an experienced, results-oriented and motivated individual for the position of CHAIR OF ACCOUNTANCY. The successful candidate is expected to provide professional, research advice and mentorship to promote UCC and ICAG.
- Facilitate the development of programmes in Accountancy to the highest international standards.
- Develop innovative graduate and undergraduate programmes in Accountancy including doctoral programmes.
- Teach and supervise graduate students in Accountancy.
- Conduct research jointly approved by the ICAG and the UCC.
- Develop case studies in Accountancy in collaboration with industry and commerce which is of relevance to business in Ghana.
- Disseminate research findings through high-quality publications in refereed journals and participation in local, international and ICAG conferences.
- Develop a strong Accountancy research group at UCC.
- Forge strong links between UCC and ICAG.
- Submit Annual Report on activities through the Vice-Chancellor of the University of Cape Coast to ICAG.
- Deliver, at least, two public lectures in a year.
Qualification and Experience
Candidates must be internationally acclaimed scholarsof professorial status. They must be individuals of stature and integrity with exemplary leadership, interpersonal and communications skills, zeal, energy and the capacity to carry the responsibilities outlined above. They must also have a Ph.D in Accounting or related discipline.
Candidate must also show evidence of the following qualities:
- Demonstrated capacity to manage a Chair.
- Ability to foster and promote good internal and external relations;
- Proven capacity to provide strong, visionary leadership and innovation;
- Devoted and able to commit full-time attention to the business of the Accountancy Chair.
Tenure of Office
The appointment, which is full-time, shall be for two (2) academic years in the first instance and may be renewed after evaluation of performance.
Conditions of Service
Salary and fringe benefits attached to the position are attractive and will be specified in the instrument of appointment.
Mode of Application
Interested persons who meet the condition above should submit copies of their application and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae to :
The Acting Director, Directorate of Human Resource, University of Cape Coast, Cape Coast
Candidates should request three (3) referees to submit reports of them directly to the above address.
The closing date for submission of application is, Friday, 20th May, 2016.